Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Backyard




It seems that I have built in nature reserve in my backyard. It has not been uncommon over the past 4 months to look out into the field right behind me and see 150+ geese bedded down. One day I looked out early in the morning and had four hunters and their decoys arrayed in the field. (They packed up at noon without shooting a thing.) And, just last week, I looked out expecting to see geese and there was a huge Bald eagle! The Lord has blessed me so much with little things that delight my heart.
"If a man set out from home on a journey and kept right on going, he would come back to his own front door." - Sir John Mandeville

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

That's a lot of decoys... Just kidding. Have you ever eaten goose? A goose almost ate me once..