Friday, April 4, 2008

Back Home



Hot showers are amazing! I had considered collecting all the red dust I was covered in and potting a pineapple or an avacodo tree, but somehow I don't think it would do well in this FREEZING cold. I was still covered in Uganda last night went I arrived home around midnight after 48 hours of traveling. I had a long layover in Amsterdam so I took the opportunity to take a tour through town. Holland is beautiful and the tulips and daffodils are just starting to bloom. It was kind of an overcast and rainy day in Amsterdam, but it was great to get out and walk and see the flowers, windmills, and lush green Dutch farmlands.
It is good to be home. I had to think twice before I brushed my teeth with fresh water flowing from the tap. I take so many little things for granted...

No comments: