Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Ahhh, it's finally sorta warm. Might snow tomorrow, cause it is Idaho, but today has been a lovely 72 degrees. The slight tan I got in Uganda has suffered greatly this last week and probably won't have a chance to recover due to the forcasted amount of hours scheduled indoors at work. O well, as one friend pointed out, at least I HAD been in the tropics while she was still shoveling snow.....
Anyways, I love spring cleaning. I look forward to it all winter - opening the windows and doors so the fresh air can permeate every corner of the apartment, moving the furniture to vacuum up all the hibernating dust bunnies, even rearranging the closet so the short sleeve shirts are within closer reach (the long johns are still at the forefront cause ya never know til at least July.) I didn't get every thing done, but I did feel satisfied with the day.
However, I hesitated to completely unpack my suitcase from the trip. Yes, I have been home for over a week, but I haven't completely adjusted to being back. I didn't want my time in Uganda to be written in disappearing ink. I wanted the reality of the people and that place to stick with me. Maybe keeping the bag partially packed was a tie to that reality. Nevertheless, the clothes are washed now and I received an email from Grace. (Hehe, I guess washing the dirt out didn't erase as much as I had subconsciously thought it might.) The reality is to stay in the love of God and continue in fellowship. Perfect love casts out fear, so there is no room to be afraid of "losing" what the Lord gave me in Uganda. "For I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day." 2 Tim 1:12

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

We had winds at 30 or so all day yesterday. And CHILLY too! Summer was nice while it lasted...