Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nutritous Green Protein Bars

I have always been a bit of health nut. In years past I have experimented with various eating habits - Vegetarian, Raw foods, Alkalarian, etc. I love eating that way but it does tend to take more time, preparation, and money. Lately, I've been on the "See Food" diet, LOL. I don't recommend that one. I get frusterated with myself because I know how to cook and eat healthy - but I get lazy and eat whatever the Drug Reps so generously bring to work. The Lord is convicting me to once again be proactive in my health and nutrition habits. Browsing my pantry and fridge today, I came up with this recipe. I'll pack these with me to work!



1/2 cup almond butter

1/2 cup tahini

1/4 cup wheat germ

1/2 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup agave syrup

3 TB coconut oil

1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened)

1 cup of ground nuts ( I use a combination of pumpkin, sunflower, hazelnut, etc coarsely chopped in a food processor)

3 TB green powder (I use Supergreens)

1 TB cinnamon

1/4 cup cacao nubs


Mix everything together. Either form into balls, or press into shallow baking pain. Place in fridge until firm. Cut into bars. Store in a cool place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting - you will have to let me try one. Protein is good for my training. By Sunday, I will probably be feeling my leg workout today.