Saturday, October 4, 2008

Room Mates

My friend, and Best Room Mate Ever, is getting married in less than two months. I am thrilled for her and her fiance. We have been here for almost two years. It has been a good season, but it is time for her to move on. She is hard to replace though. Finding a good room mate these days is kind of a challenge. I haven't really "advertised", but I have gotten the word out by word of mouth but the prospects haven't been to promising. I told my landlord too. She came over this morning and told me she "found a room mate for you, his name is so and so." I'm like, "who?". She said, "so and so". "Its a guy?" I asked. "Yeah, he is looking for a room mate cause his just moved out". I'm like, "I need a girl room mate." "O, but he is really nice." I'm like, "Uh, no thanks." I guess you have to be pretty specific with these things...

4 comments:

EllaJac said...

Oh My.

Do we need to tattoo our foreheads now, with "I'm not that kind of girl"? :)

I do NOT think I could stand to roommate with a male, at least not one that hadn't vowed to love and cherish. If not for that, there's no tolerating some of their habits. :)

Good luck on the search!

Kazmin Nye said...

I'm glad you liked the post about "our line of work"...let's just say that others read it and weren't as amused...I was advised to delete... I sort of see their point, but I don't like being censored. I do wish I would have printed out before deleting...see ya Monday...your the best..

Mama PC said...

So, you live in Idaho?

What holds you there? Is there ever a chance you'd want to come to Texas?

At least to visit?

No, I've never been to Jinja, but am saving my PTO days so that I can go next year.

Mama PC said...

Oh, and in answer to your other question, yes I was at The Call

07-07-07

It was an awesome day and I think the Repentance Walk was the most powerful thing I've ever witnessed.

I organized the trip from Texas and we had about 40 - 50 that caravan'd up there from "Conroe".

That morning, as we all left from the KOA Kampground in two 15 passenger vans, I realized at the last minute that I had never gotten the directions on how to get to the starting place for the "Walk".

We grabbed my husbands' new gps and i started driving on the fly!!! i told the kids in the van to pray for the Holy Spirit's protection and guidance as we diligently and frantically searched the www and gps for where and how to get to the starting spot.

Thankfully, we arrived at the circle drive, and I pulled up with other van right behind me, and all of our peeps jumped out and ended up being AT THE FRONT OF THE CROWD as it walked! I got the video camera out and filmed the awesome quiet roar of the feet walking.

I've never heard a sound like those serious walkers marching in repentence for our nation's sins. I know that God heard our hearts. I cried and cried while I was filming. It really shook me up! I knew that if for no other reason, our group was there to walk that walk.

The pic on my blog was taken about 10 minutes later as we were driving to go to the stadium and we happened to drive OVER an overpass and there it was... the quiet mass of people serious for God...walking powerfully in repentence. Again, I've never seen or heard anything like it.

Lord Your Kingdom Come and Your Will Be Done in All the Earth!

yes, i was there...