Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trip To San Diego

Whew! What a weekend! Its been a while since I had a good ol fashioned road trip. My brother, grandpa, mom, and I all piled into grandpa's white Buick for a 1,ooo mile jaunt down I-15 for my cousin's wedding in San Diego. 30 hours in the car over the past three days - I think I am cured of road trips for a while.

We drove to Las Vegas on Friday and stayed the night. I had never been to Vegas before, so my brother took us on a mini tour down on the "strip" and Freemont street. (Not my favorite place in the world). We left at 6am on Saturday and drove the remaining way to San Diego.

The wedding was simple but very beautiful and well worth the investment of the drive. Ian's band played softly in the background and their pastor admonished them - "God brings two together so that they can do more for the Kingdom of God together than they could ever do alone"..., "provoke each other to pursue and cultivate the will of God...", "remind him of what God has placed in his heart.." They pledged their personalized vows under the glow of white lights adorning the willow tree behind them. The reception was on the basketball court that had been transformed into a cozy atmosphere by huge white ball lanterns strung across the court. I am so proud of my cousin and his new bride. I really felt like I could stand in agreement with their decision. It was such a blessing to spend a few hours see my aunt and uncle and other cousin that had flown down from Oregon.

Bright and early at 5am we packed back up the Buick and headed 1,000 miles north, straight home. I would have liked to have spent more more time in San Diego seeing some of the sights (primarily the OCEAN), but maybe some other time....

Congratulations Ian and Julie!!!!

No comments: