Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seasons

Without knowing what hit me, September burst through the door without a warning. Not that he is an unwelcome guest, as I have always loved the crisp coolness on his breath, but I certainly was unprepared for the sudden arrival. School is back in session, the state fair is half over, and the geese are well on their way of mapping pit stops on their way south. It seems that things all around me are changing and shifting, and yet I remain still. I love the definite seasons of Idaho. The glowing intense romance of Summer always yields to the tap on the back from Autumn requesting the next dance with creation before Winter comes in silent and relentless monotony where life seems so distant. However, Spring, with her sweet song and somewhat unreliable predictability, forces new life and resurrection from the dead, as creation is once again awakened as deep calls unto deep.

Not long ago, as I was sharing my heart with the Lord, I heard myself questioning Him as to why nothing in my life changes. I confess, I have wasted much time in my life comparing myself to others, which is always a no win situation. However, this time I was honestly laying my heart before the Lord seeking Him for direction in my life. It seems, by outward appearance, that everyone around me are "moving on" with life: getting married, having kids, changing jobs, graduating, etc. People are going through their life seasons and I feel like I have been stuck in a rut for the better part of ten years. Why are the things I am believing and praying for not coming to pass? Sometimes the sheer restlessness and frustration bring me to tears.

Then the Lord, in absolute confident reply to my question, "The change is happening in you. You are the change. Continue to believe Me, for it is My work to do in and through you, and what I have begun in you, I am faithful to complete."

1 comment:

Mama PC said...

Hi!

Yes, time sometimes seems to tick tock on and feel like eternity, but those moments are valuable in your maturation and they're strengthening you for the purpose and plan God has for you.

I'm a nurse too! But quite a bit older. I have 3 children...the oldestof which has just moved to Jinja and works at the gift shop and salon which are some of Danyne's husband's businesses! Her husband, Brian, Danyne's cousin is managing the Palm Tree Guest House you may have seen there.

When I was younger, I thought I would never marry! My two YOUNGER sisters and all of my high school and church friends got married, left for college, etc, and I seemed to be stuck... I cried out "What's wrong with me that I can't have the life that everyone else has" and "Why can't I have the love of a man"... but then, a few years later, I realized who God had for me and now we've been married for 27 years!

Hang on! God has plans and He only wants what's best for you... and all those you affect over the course of your days.