Sunday, March 2, 2008

Journal Excerpt 2005

I was going through some of my online journaling from 3 years ago and ran across this. Maybe it would encourage someone else as well.

January 27, 2005
Father,
I come with my heart seeking to give you a thank offering. What is it that you desire from me? What can I offer that will bring you pleasure? Stir up the gift that is inside of me that you want.

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; Speak of all His wonders. Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad. Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually. Remember His wonders which He has done.” Psalm 105:1-5

My Daughter,
Carry a thankful heart at all times. Do not be afraid to call out to Me. Tell of what you know about Me. Lift up your worship in song and music. Let the words from your mouth tell of My faithfulness to you. Do not keep it a secret. Allow your heart to be glad and expect good things. Do not quench those little “flutters” of joy in your heart that randomly break forth. Seek Me with all of your heart. Run to Me first. Remember how I have met you in the past. It is a heart style that I desire from you. Man looks on the out ward appearance, but I look on the heart. Do not gauge your experience of Me based on what you feel but on what you know as truth. In the past, you have sought to please Me based on your performance. Don’t seek to perform for Me. Know that I delight in who you are, not what you do. I know that you know all this, but you are so hard on yourself when you feel that you haven’t met My expectations. Your walk has not been in vain. I have seen your heart. No more fear of failing or missing out. The launching pad is being built under your feet. You don’t have to go out and find it. At the same time, be free to fly and explore your world. Don’t launch out just yet, do what is at your hand and opportunity will come to you. Do what you can do now, and the opportunities will come to you. Hold on to material possessions lightly, don’t become weighted down with "stuff". Be full of joy and laughter. Come to the high places with Me, My little "Much Afraid", who is well on her way to becoming "Grace and Glory."

No comments: